Whilst we work our way through operating during these extraordinary times and to ensure we, as a community, are doing everything we can to ensure that we all are as protected as possible, we are asking that you read and abide by the measures outlined below:
• Please have anyone participating in lessons take a quick shower before coming to the school and be in their swimwear ready to go to. We are opening bathrooms for toilet use and quick changes only, no showers.
• If you or any member of your family are unwell or showing even minor symptoms, please DO NOT attend lessons, we have a generous make-up lesson policy and will be happy to sort things out. Please stay home, get better and consider getting testing.
• If you are advised that you, a family member or close contact has tested positive for COVID-19, you are considered a risk and have attended TJ’s in the two weeks before, please advise us immediately so that we are able to take action.
• When attending TJ’s, depending upon the weather, we will leave the front doors open between classes to help with coming and going. If it is wet weather, we will open the doors for you to let you in.
• Please read the COVID-19 Action Plan on our front door prior before entering so you know how we’re working toward minimising risk.
• Please keep the numbers in your group to a minimum, i.e.:
o Learn to Swim - One parent/carer attending to supervise and watch lessons.
o Bigs & Littles – obviously, the parent/carer and bub but will allow another parent/carer to attend to watch if supervision of another non-swimming sibling is needed.
o Only children or adults who are having lessons, no siblings (of course this is only if your situation allows).
• Please make sure you use hand sanitiser (either the ones provided or your own) when you enter the school.
• If using the bathrooms, please practice good hand hygiene. We will be regularly cleaning all touch points throughout the day.
• Please do not go up onto the pool deck until indicated by one of the teachers and socially distance from other people on the lower level (there’s plenty of space to spread out in reception and play area).
• If you are waiting in the play area, please ensure that you socially distance from others.
• Once on the pool deck, if you are watching lessons, please socially distance from others and sit on the benches where indicated or on the chairs provided.
Obviously, these measures will be regularly reviewed and we will continue to monitor and follow Government and industry body guidelines and advice when making any changes to our action plan.
Please sign above