Hello & Welcome,
EC sportz would like to thank you for registering & welcome you to our swimming and fitness program!
Please read the important information below before attending your first lesson:
EC sportz offers a swim and fitness program with stages / level from 0-9 for all ages, in conjunction with a recognised centre of Royal Lifesaving, Austswim, Fitness Australia and the Australian Teacher/Coaches Association, Academy of Surfing Instructors. We aim to educate dangers, methods and opportunity within the aquatic and sports industry promoting a fun active healthy lifestyle and anyone willing to have a go! Our Swim and Surf School is built of 30 years of being involved on all levels in many sports and in the leisure industry, we are supported and recognised by the best in Australia and will always continue to Learn and Create.
You can find us here: Physical Therapy Building (Opposite Tony’s Chicken-Green Building) 60 Rosemont Street WOLLONGONG NSW 2500 (On site & street parking available) Or Kids and Adults Gym Wollongong Tafe Foleys Lane at Dragon Fit Training Centre Or Saltwater Swim and Surf Lessons (Seasonal) At Port Kembla Beach Lot 1 Olympic Blvd, just east of Warrawong Westfield
* Participants need to Arrive 5 mins prior to arranged lesson time. * All participants require appropriate swim wear, goggles, caps & may want to bring along water & any required medication eg: puffer, Clarintine (WETSUITS for saltwater beach classes) * Participants MUST NOT enter the pool/Gym until instructed by the teacher. * Students are required to EXIT the pool immediately after the lesson is complete. * A guardian / parent MUST be on site at all times during the lesson. Parents can stay out of the pool if the child is ok but we do encourage parent participation in the water where need be. (Please wear Shirts for Something for the kids to Grab On to.) * We have great shower facilities on site which are shared with physical therapy and public clients so please be discreet, quick & courteous whilst using the bathrooms. * Please do not place any items eg: bags etc on seats pool side, you are able to use the lockers provided in change rooms for personal belongings.
Programs: Swim Lessons are generally 30 minutes for younger kids and 45 minutes for older bigger squad groups teaching Water Safety, Water Awareness, Fun Games, Socialism, Introduction to Swimming, Basic Swim Skills, Swim Strength and Fitness, Race tactics, Surf Skills, Aqua Aerobics and Rescue Techniques in conjunction with AUSTSWIM standards (Private, Group and Multiple lessons per week available)
Port Kembla Ocean Pool and Beach Nippers are run on Saturday’s in Term 4 and 1 of School and during January like our Swim Lesson program we continue that with introducing the benefits of pure ocean water, Beach games, safety and awareness, Weather and Dangers, Wave introduction and skills, Board and Surf skills, Swim fitness, Race preparation, Lifeguard Skills and Knowledge.
Weekly Gym Classes for Kids ,Teens and Adults combines classes focussing on general Swim Fitness, Aqua Aerobics, Hydrotherapy, Aqua Mat Yoga, Pilates, Weights, Circuits, Running, Boxing, Gymnastics, Parkour, Weight Loss, Pre and Post Natal, HIIT Functional Classes all based on 45 minutes the individual works and learns at their own pace having fun and enjoying the perks of a healthier lifestyle.
Payments by Direct Debit are made in a calculated 12 week rollover (after pay) system which pays off the term fees. *Swim Lessons are $16 per week ongoing ($192 per 10 week term paid over 12 weeks) *Teen Fit and Kids Gym Lessons are $19 per week ($152 per 8 week block in the school term) *Kids Gym and Swim Classes $21 per week ($252 per 10 week term paid over 12 weeks) * Adult Group Fitness $39 weekly (Discount applies to parents of Swim Kids) *Nipper, Surf and School Holiday Programs vary with dates *Direct Debit Payments are ongoing with cancellations requiring 2 weeks notice at the end of the current school term in progress *Online Registration must be completed via www.ecsportz.com.au *Payments will/must be processed weekly *Suspensions require one week’s notice (during term only) via written request via email. (1 suspension per term only) *NSW Active Rebate voucher = $100 which is 6 single lessons off your direct debit membership (voucher numbers to be provided in writing along with child’s mandatory information to submit) *School Holiday Programs to be paid in Full to the account below prior to attendance.
BANK ACCOUNT For NDIS, SCHOOL HOLIDAY PROGRAMS and Upfront payments ONLY
EC SPORTZ BSB: 062-528 ACCOUNT #: 10508501 Reference: Your Full Name
* Failure to provide payment prior to lesson may result in the lesson being forfeited & another student awaiting your preferred time slot may take your session time, dishonoured fees also occur.
DIRECT DEBIT Print Out our form from the website www.ecsportz.com.au under payment or email given here or Obtain Form From Pool. Payment example - Client Reference is Child or Children’s Full Name. $16.00 ongoing weekly = 1 child (add $16 per child to each week) Enter Start Date (Week of First Lesson), Check Bank Details are Correct and Sign/Date at the Bottom and mail back or submit form.
Hints & Tips for Parents and Friends Joining EC sportz!
- Please expect the odd cry and up and down progression with the kids in swimming or any activity as it's new, hard, strange and sometimes not what they want. Some days they have energy and are happy and sometimes they don't. As a father and Swim Teacher, I understand this and will always do my best to accommodate the individual as best I can. What you, the parent can do is only encourage and engage in the lesson and remain positive and consistent, please try and leave the coaching and discipline to us. Try to monitor pool and normal water consumption post lesson and have a snack and some drinking water ready for after the lesson, which promotes reward and recovery. - Please avoid the “have to learn to swim or run” phrase and try and get them to understand and invest into our program with positive examples like the beach, water parks, holidays, sport, healthy living.
- Nappies. Please use waterproof nappies during class and dispose appropriately if required.
- Kids and Parents get sick (fact) please give your self and the child time to recover before re entering Swim Lessons and Please maintain quality control during the lesson e.g. tissues for runny noses etc.
- Cancellations/Missed Lessons/Suspensions, please inform the school ONLY if you cannot make the lesson 7 days prior to commencing time to have a suspension put in place for you. Please give the school 2 weeks notice for complete cancellations AT TERMS END. (There are no makeup Lessons) please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4283 6333 for any needs.
- Rebates & Invoices: Please feel free to explore with your Health Fund or Government scheme situation regarding assistance for lesson rebates, we are a recognised swim centre and training facility. The active and creative rebate system can be used for us with Primary School Kids which is $100 off your membership = 6 lessons in total, please email the voucher and birthdate to get this credit.
-Ages and Levels vary in the classes but everyone gets treated the same, if any one is doing something wrong or playing up there is a one warning policy and then a one minute sit out rule if it happens again. We appreciate parent support here but please try leave the coaching and discipline with us, we are always happy to chat privately if need be.
-Flippers, Goggles, Fitness Watches, New Swimmers, Boxing Gloves are a good reward presents
- Goggles/Caps/Swim Wear are a MUST: Caps help keep hair out of eyes and the pool helping everyone, swim wear should be easy for the child to swim in and goggles tend to work best as a reward for consistent swimming and maturity.
- Pre Class we sometimes give the kids exercises to do for warm up and strength development, this can be done 5/10 mins before class if instructed (Grass or Pool area). Please be mindful of other patrons and that parents must supervise this activity if teacher is unavailable.
- Prams/Bags: The pool and facility is small and personal it’s not a big leisure centre so try and keep luggage to a minimum to help you and everyone else, please keep the seats free for sitting.
- Encouragement: Show the kids videos and pictures taken, revise skills before the lesson, explain why we do lessons, encourage stretching, let them do exercises (if given pre lesson -jumps, hoping, planks etc.),make sure all food and drink is well digested at least 1hr before lessons and the toilet has been used before the start if required.
We encourage you to sending/tagging EC sportz in your pictures taken during lessons for our social pages on Instagram and Facebook or pass out a google review which could inspire the next person or family to join in!
We look forward to seeing you and the kids in action !
Kenny and the EC SPORTZ TEAM