ONLINE CLASS WAIVER
By clicking on any of the Zoom Meeting links you are acknowledging and agreeing that:
1) Your child has gained your permission to be online.
2) You will ensure that your child is wearing appropriate clothing that is suitable for dance and in no way revealing.
3) That, where possible, you will ensure webcams are located in a communal space like a living room - rather than a bedroom.
4) The sharing of this invitation and password is strictly forbidden.
5) Your child participates in these online dance classes at their own risk. You understand that dance is likened to sport and, although rare, injury may occur. SCIPA will not be held responsible for any injury that may occur to your child during dance class.
6) These zoom meetings are being closely monitored by staff and have safety platforms built in. Each class will be recorded and archived at SCIPA for child safety purposes.
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
(Parents please ensure your child fully understands these requirements)
- Though your teacher may be able to see you, it is not the same as a live, in studio class. You will have to take more responsibility than usual for the safety of your space and of your movements.
- Please make sure you have at least two metres clear space around you, that the floor is clear of any objects or spills, and the surface is appropriate to dance on.
- Try to set up your screen so that it is at, or close to, eye height, and near enough to see the teacher clearly.
-Ensure you have the volume set high so that you can hear the instructions. If possible be lit from in front rather than behind, e.g. close curtains if dancing in front of a window. Make sure your device isn’t in danger of being knocked.
- Your sound will be off when you join. You will be able to hear your teachers, but they will not be able to hear you. Your teachers will decide when to bring your sound on if necessary. If you have a question, please raise your hand until you are noticed on the screen.
- When you enter the online classroom you will want to see your teacher as large as possible on the screen. You can do this by 1. Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the teachers box 2. Press “Pin Video”. Now you will be able to see your teacher and not the rest of the class members.
- Wear appropriate dance clothing. Absolutely no baggy nor revealing clothes please. Hair must be tied back neatly and safely.
- Have a full bottle of water bottle close by.
- If an exercise or action causes sharp or sudden pain, stop immediately, apply first aid or seek help from your parents. Advise your teacher as soon as possible. Because of the online format your actions are unsupervised by your teacher so please make your own judgements, as you know your own body better than anyone.
- Have any pets or young siblings in another space to avoid sudden tripping hazards.
Please note that the material in this video is copyright and has not been approved for sharing, or for third party recordings. Sharing of the classes and zoom links and passwords are strictly forbidden.