Enrolling a Student
(Start of Year – New or existing Student)
A completed enrolment form must be accompanied by a deposit for the enrolment to be valid, and processed. Each student enrolment must have paid a non-refundable deposit of $10 per class to secure a place in 2020. Payment needs to be made at the time of lodging this enrolment. This payment will be deducted from your Term 1 Invoice.
Mid term – (New Student)
A new student form must complete the enrolment form and have it processed to secure class placement. New students have the ability to trial a class or classes before commencing and committing to the term. All enrolment are confirmed by way of a trial confirmation and/or an invoice. ***COVID-19 addendum Trial classes may not be permitted if class numbers are restricted due this or any pandemic. In the case of restrictions, new students enrolments will be removed to allow our existing students the first opportunity to continue dancing. New students will be placed on a waiting list and be contacted once restrictions are eased.
All classes are subject to change. We aim to operate classes as per the timetable published on this website, however there may be instances where changes are required due to fluctuations in demand illness or government regulation and/or restrictions. No guarantee is made that classes will run per the timetable. We will communicate any changes to anyone affected prior to the date classes commence.
To enable our programme to remain viable we need to have guidelines on refunds. Studio Rent and the number of classes we run need to be arranged for an entire term in advance. Therefore, no refunds are available for missed classes or if you unenroll mid-term. ***COVID-19 addendum No refunds will be issued due to our centre’s inability to run face to face classes. Jane Grech Dance Centre will commence running online classes in the event of a closure. All current students will be transferred to the online platform for the duration of the term.
Make-up class policy
If you are unable to attend a class, you have the opportunity to attend a make up class, if you have advised us prior to non – attendance. Please contact the office to arrange. We cannot guarantee there will be availability in all classes for a make-up class. A maximum of two (2) make-up classes per term are available. Make-up classes do not carry over to the next term and no credit is available for classes missed. Make up classes can not occur during a performance term as this interrupts performance rehearsals and is confusing for students. ***COVID-19 addendum make-up lessons will not be available if classes sizes exceed allowable class numbers as deemed by the state or any government body. The inability to secure make-up classes due to Covid-19 or any pandemic restrictions are not refundable.
We take bookings for an entire term and our fees are structured this way. We cannot take casual bookings or pro-rata weeks you may be away. Please refer to our make-up class policy for missed classes. All fees must be paid before the commencement of each term. If fees are not paid by this time your child may not attend any class. If you commence mid term, your fee payment is altered to reflect your commencement date.
Only Visa and Mastercards are accepted. A 0.87% surcharge is applicable for all credit card transactions.
We take the welfare of our students seriously and ensure our centre and team practice Child Safe standards at all times. We ask in the interest of health that should any student or member of their family feel unwell or display any symptoms to NOT attend. Please contact our office to book a make-up lesson. ***Covid-19 addendum With restrictions in place due to our pandemic it is essential that any students that are unwell do not attend class. In line with Government recommendations, students and family members must remain home. If you or any student are displaying symptoms associated with covid-19 it is highly recommended to undergo testing. JG Creative Pty Ltd reserves the right to restrict entry to our studios until a negative covid testing result is obtained and a copy provided to our centre.
JGDC has completed a Covid Management plan and submitted this with SA health. All JGDC staff, students and families must adhere to our Covid Safe procedures. Re-opening our classes has and will continue to bring about change. We do this to ensure the safety of our team and all the students that attend classes. This policy will be continually review and altered are restriction change.
In honor of our Centre’s Core Value of Community together with Honesty, Respect and Integrity, we wish to share with you what you can expect from us and what we need from you. Our team will be implementing these new measures in the studio for your child’s safety and ask in return for your support in ensuring the safety of our team and dance community.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
• Studio & classes will comply with the restriction of the number of people allowed to gather in a venue at one time.
• Social distancing markers have been provided both in the studio & outside.
• Where able to, studios will be marked with a separate entry & exit door for students.
• Students will be provided with hand sanitiser at entries and exits as well as in the studios.
• Studios will be cleaned, including Acro mats, ballet barres, studio doors, railing on stairs, toilet doors etc. throughout the day & prior to, between and after each class.
• The main door to Reception will be propped open unless weather permits otherwise.
• There will be no tea or coffee facilities, vending machine or drink fountain available.
• There will be no props used in class along with no partnering work and no tactile corrections made.
• Class plans will be focused around a gradual and planned progression back to fitness for all our student’s wellbeing.
• Our end of term ‘Watching Week’ will be shared by video to Movitae to act as a ‘virtual watching week’.
• Our teachers will be trained in all new procedures put in place to keep everyone safe.
• Staff will not come into the centre if they are unwell.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
• We ask that students do not come to class if within the last 14 days they have been unwell or have had contact with a known or suspected case of Covid-19.
• Our waiting room is closed for all classes with the exception of Dance Magic for student changing.
• The upstairs student Hub is closed.
• Students will need to be dressed ready and arrive no more than 5 minutes before class starts.
• We ask that only one parent accompany a student into the centre to drop off and pick up and then return to wait in cars, or go for a walk.
• We ask that parents are punctual when picking up students so we can avoid students gathering together waiting at the centre.
• If parents need to enter the centre, please follow social distancing rules by using the distancing markers and directional arrows outside on the pathways when entering & exiting.
• Students are asked to go to the bathroom and wash their hand before coming to the studio and are to only bring their named change of shoes and a named drink bottle to class. We encourage parents to wipe these items before coming to class and when you get home.
• We ask that students refrain from any unnecessary body contact (e.g. Hugging, high five, etc)
• Acro students will continue to do alternate activities to avoid contact and need to bring their own towels to class to use.
• Dance Magic parents are asked to put a stamp or sticker in your dancer’s passport after each class for the rest of Term2 and not bring them into class.
• Our reception area is open for all enquiries, we ask that you wait outside if the reception area is already being occupied by another parent.
Late Payment fees
If your invoice is overdue without prior arrangement you will be charged a late fee. It costs us time and money to chase accounts. Late payment fee are:
Courtery Reminder - No Fee
1st Reminder - $10
2nd Reminder - $10
Recovery Fee - $25
Photography and video may be taken during a JGDC classes. Such media might be used for promotional purposes, including but not limited to reproduction on the JGDC social media platforms. By enrolling in JGDC classes you agree to such use by JGDC unless you notify us otherwise.
First Aid and Emergency procedures
In case of an emergency JGDC will first contact the parent and then seek medical advice, the expenses of which will be paid by the parent. Due to the nature of dance training, some physical contact may be necessary by a teacher to demonstrate exercises or techniques during class or if there is a need to administer first aid.
Due to the nature of dance training, some physical contact may be necessary by a teacher to demonstrate exercises or techniques during class or rehearsals. ***Covid-19 Addendum Where possible no physical contact will be made. Teachers have been given training on how to better explain exercises verbally to students in order to maintain social distancing.
JG Creative Pty Ltd maintain the right to un-enrol any student and remove any family from our centres or events hosted by JG Creative Pty Ltd or any of its trading names. This condition will be instated in the event that a student or family disregards our published Values or Code of Conduct including but not limited to a threat, intimidation, bullying or assaulting any staff member or other students or families. In the event this occurs no refunds will be issued for classes missed or any fees/invoices paid for at that time.
By submitting this enrolment, you agree you have read and understood our terms and conditions and Covid-19 restriction and expectations. You give consent for your child or children to participate in a JGDC class/es (either in person or online) and understand the risk involved. You agree to accept full responsibility for any injury sustained to you or your child/children while attending classes, for any injury sustained by you, your child/children in the waiting areas, and for any loss or damage of property. You agree to forever discharge JG Creative Pty Ltd and The JG Creative Trust from all claims that you may have or may have had arising from, or in connection with, either you or your child/children and Jane Grech Dance Centre.
Please sign above